Sunday, March 31, 2013

Azalea Glow

Happy Easter!!  
Today's post seemed to me to be the right one for this day that celebrates new life.  The white azalea bushes in my yard haven't bloomed yet, 
but I am definitely ready to see them again! 

This photograph from a past Spring was one of dozens that I took to capture the sun shining through the translucent petals.  The purity of this white azalea, with light that almost appears to come from within, reminds me of the One who we honor as pure light on this day.

For my painting, I cropped the scene in a way that keeps the glowing azalea as the "star" of the show while moving it out of center stage.  This encourages the eye to explore and also creates some interesting shapes around the flowers.  Enjoy!
Azalea Glow, not available
12x16 Oil

2 comments:

  1. Sonia, I love reading about how you have composed your paintings. Thank you for sharing. I can now see how your cropping really focused the view in Azalea Glow. It's beautiful! -M.B. Gordon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary-Benton! I hope that you had an Easter filled with blessings with your beautiful family.

      Delete