Sunday, April 21, 2013

Window Box

As the weather warms up I know that my beautiful window box pansies, planted in October, are not long for this world.  In honor of all the pansies ready to give up their spot to make room for summer flowers, I am featuring their smiling, sunny faces this week.  This picture, from last year's bounty, inspired a small painting I call "Window Box".
I chose a 6x6 square panel to paint on because I wanted to echo the shape of the corner of the  window box so that the softly draping blossoms would stand in contrast.  Since I'm the boss of me :), I freely changed colors and rearranged the flowers to encourage the viewer's eye to move through and around the blossoms.
Window Box, SOLD
6x6 Oil

2 comments:

  1. Pansies have a special place in my heart. after growing up in NYC, never having a backyard to grow anything, pansies were the first thing I ever planted when I moved here. I love pansies and I LOVE your painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love pansies too -- especially that in Raleigh you can plant them in Autumn and they add beautiful color all the way until late Spring!

      Delete